I’m thrilled that I was a guest on Draft2Digital’s Self-Publishing Insiders Podcast. Listen with me and my pal Kevin Tumlinson of D2D about author platforms—what they are, how to build them, and how to get the most out of them.
Building Your Author Platform
Kevin Tumlinson and I talk author platform building, ergonomics, and more!
Watch on YouTube, subscribe to the podcast, and read the transcript using the links below
- What a platform is and isn’t
- How to keep in contact with your perfect reader
- The role of social media for authors – myths and misconceptions
- Ads vs organic reach
- When you should blog and who shouldn’t (or at least doesn’t need to)
- Your website: it was one job
- Standing desks and why you should still sit sometimes
- Shoes: What are they good for?
- Author health: the myth of ‘feeling fine’
Want to listen while walking?
Kevin and I are a joy to look at, but I can’t blame you for wanting to use your time wisely, which is where podcasts come in.
Download, subscribe, and get out and walk or listen while you’re cleaning or exercising.
Have you listened (or watched) yet?
I’d love to know what you think, and please let me know if you have any questions!
PS. If you want to be in on the new book coming out, be sure to jump on my mailing list!