Learn how authors can be productive while working at home, surrounded by distractions.
Productivity & Deep Work
I joined Lauren Moore and Kalene Williams for the latest Keystroke Medium Live!
The interview will be podcast on the Keystroke Medium podcast channel, but in the meantime, you can watch and listen via YouTube, below.
Watch on YouTube, today
- Over the course of working as a consultant, and across different industries–as an entrepreneur starting up businesses and an author writing books–what do you think are the keys to being productive? What about for authors in particular?
- Let’s talk about working from home. Say someone comes to you and they tell you they’re totally new to working from home and they’re starting it out–right now! What do they need to know about being productive at home?
- Write More Words (the working title) – My upcoming book on author productivity
- What’s different about working from home than at an office?
- Tips for setting up your office space?
- Susan asks: “How do you create a workspace that doesn’t impose itself on the rest of your life?”
- Follow-up from Susan: “How do you figure out what are the essentials for working from home, whether an office, a home based-service (cooking, seamstressing, writing, whatever)?”
- The importance of routine?
- Deep Work principles I find useful for authors – affiliate link to the book
- Keeping work life and home life balanced?
- And so much more…
Listen and subscribe to The Writer’s Journey, a Keystroke Medium Podcast
I’ll try to update this post when the podcast episode goes live, but you can subscribe using the links below and the show will appear automatically on your phone when it’s published.
Have you listened (or watched) yet?
I’d love to know what you think, and please let me know if you have any questions!
PS. If you want to be in on the new book coming out, be sure to jump on my mailing list!